Creating a High-Performance Culture
High-Performance Culture is not a policy, it’s an attitude. When combined with your Customer Experience Strategy and Brand it becomes part of your company’s overall deliverable experience and one of its three pillars.
A High-Performance Culture is invaluable for the success of a company or organisation. It is often ignored, overlooked or worse, seemingly unachievable. Yet, most of it is down to creating a pleasant work environment that allows staff members to excel and thrive in their roles. But what is a High-Performance Culture?
Some characteristics of a High-Performance Culture include:
- Open Communication
- Embracing a change mindset
- Establishing meaningful core values
- Empowering employees and leadership at all levels, create champions
- Low employee turnover
- Getting others to work with you, not for you
- Developing a coaching mindset
- Enhancing training and development
- Sharing of information
- Development of a customer-centric strategy
The road to creating a High-Performance Culture is specific to each organisation and can be achieved in different ways. However, the most critical aspect is finding a way that is measurable, practical and ultimately, achievable. It is about making work enjoyable, it is making employees feel like they are part of the big picture, it is letting them know that they are appreciated.